Friday, October 19, 2012

Was at Japan Tokyo again on April 2012. Barely two months since I visited Hokkaido/ tokyo during the Chinese New Year. This time however, was OFFICIAL :)  and alone :(

I missed the Franchise show that was held at Tokyo earlier and therefore determined to attend the Wine & Gourmet Exhibition held in the famous Tokyo Big sight.

Armed with these.........


 
I finally reached Tokyo Big Sight in about an hour or so.... with a very empty stomach :p
 
 
 
 
 
 

 It was not very packed when I reached, thou in the afternoon it's another story.
Registration was swift and orderly.
 
 
 Food Demo in process.
 
 
Time to sample some good food.
As they were promoting their ingredients/spices/etc,
the portion was just nice and they encourage you to sample more.
Now you know why I arrived with an empty stomach..haha.


 
Some of the food items was for display only but they still have
many varieties to sample. I got more than I can bargain for :)
 

 
 
As photography was not allowed in the exhibit hall, there were not many pictures taken ( another
reason being I was quite occupied, with eating and drinking ( tea, wine, sake, you named it  :)   Anyway I spent 2 whole days visiting the show and had seen and learned alot, despite my Japanese is limited to arigato and kawaii :)   Most likely I will returned again next year.
 
The last two days of my stay was spent shopping at......
 
 

 
and
 
Ueno Park Cherry Blossom Viewing
 
 
Ueno Park (上野公園, Ueno Kōen) is a large public park next to Ueno Station in central Tokyo. The park grounds were originally part of Kaneiji Temple, which used to be one of the city's largest and wealthiest temples and a family temple of the ruling Tokugawa clan during the Edo Period.
 
 
Ueno Park is one of Tokyo's most popular and lively cherry blossom spots with more than 1000 cherry trees lining its central pathway. The cherry blossoms are usually in bloom during late March and early April and attract large numbers of hanami (cherry blossom viewing) parties.



 
 Sunset finally.
And it's time to catch my flight home....on a A380  :)
 
SAYONARA !!!


0 comments: